Multi-family Rehab Construction company looking for a skilled, full-time painter to paint the interior and exterior of apartments, buildings and other surfaces.
• Reading blueprints/instructions and examining surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
• Making on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures, etc.
• Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
• Fill cracks and hole with appropriate materials (e.g. plaster).
• Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture.
• Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools.
• Apply varnish and other finishes.
• Calculate costs.
• Adhere to all health and safety precautions.
• Order paint supplies.
• Submit finished work orders to supervisor.
• Proven experience as a painter; Ability to maintain a clean work site.
• Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them.
• Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques.
• Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns, etc.).
• Good basic math skills.
• Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders, etc.
• Conscientious with great attention to detail.
• High School diploma.
• Fluent English speaker.
• Reliable transportation, valid and clean driver's license and auto insurance.